Both buses run from Richmond mainline railway and Underground Station and from Kingston. The buses stop close to The Dysart Petersham, some 15 minutes’ journey from Richmond Station. The stops are announced on the buses as “The Dysart”.
It is a beautiful walk to Petersham from Richmond Station, through Richmond Green, by the Bridge, along the Thames and across the famous Water Meadows; as you leave Richmond there is a real feeling of being in the countryside. Allow 20 minutes. Part of this walk is shown in Walks.
Walk 6 of the Capital Ring crosses Richmond Park, leaves by Petersham Gate and passes right by us on its way to the Thames and Richmond.
There is an interesting network of walks and routes used by cyclists in Richmond Park, along the Thames and through the back routes and lanes of Petersham. We have some storage under cover for our guests’ cycles.
We are pleased to book black cabs, or people carriers for groups, usually with a wait time of about 10 to 15 minutes. There is a cab rank at Richmond Station. We use and can book in advance a local company with a fleet of Mercedes cars and a minibus, especially useful when time is of the essence, such as for the rugby events at Twickenham Stadium.
We have a large private car park, reserved for our customers, though more and more are walking or using cabs.
Wednesday to Friday
- Open at noon. Lunch from 12.00, with last table seated at 2.45 pm.
- Closed, except for existing lunch guests, between 3.00 and 5.30 pm.
- Open at 5.30 pm. Dinner from 6 pm, with last table seated at 9.15 pm; closing at about 11.30 pm.
- Open at noon. Lunch from noon, with last table seated at 3.15 pm.
- Closed, except for existing lunch guests, between 3.30 and 6.00 pm.
- Open at 6.00 pm. Dinner from 6.30 pm, with last table seated at 9.15 pm; closing at about midnight.
- Open at noon. Lunch from noon, with last table seated at 3.30 pm.
- On the first Sunday of each month at 7.00 pm for 7.30 pm we hold a classical recital, admission by ticket, followed by candlelight supper, for which booking is essential. For details of our recitals please click here.
- Closed at about 6.00 pm
- Open for dinner on Sunday, New Year’s Eve, 31 December 2017 from 7.00 pm
- Open on Bank Holiday Mondays and on New Year’s Day 2018
- Otherwise closed
- We are pleased to open at any time, including on a Monday, or Tuesday, by arrangement for private, both family and business, breakfasts, receptions, lunches, dinners and meetings.
For enquiries about these please email Barny Taylor on firstname.lastname@example.org.