Family owned and run, the family values are shared unstintingly by the lead team of Managing Director, Barny Taylor, and Head Chef, Kenneth Culhane and used to inspire the team as a whole and guide what we do:
- passion for food and wine
- commitment to quality ingredients, traditional husbandry and responsible sourcing
- the value of old varieties and breeds and the richness that wild herbs, flowers and plants add to our lives
- belief in the value and wisdom of traditions and moderation
- the increasing need, understood so naturally in earlier years more closely connected with nature, for ethical treatment and welfare of animals, thoughtful and natural cultivation of plants, and the wise, thoughtful use of resources, including the land on which we all depend
- understanding of the role of food, wine and welcome in wellbeing.
- understanding of the way in which our beautiful surroundings in this country village half an hour from Mayfair and the always beautiful changes it sees through the seasons should be reflected in everything we do
- commitment to the role of beauty in enriching life.
One of our monthly recital pianists, over a glass of wine after the recital, mentioned some words of Henry Miller:
“Art teaches nothing, except the significance of life” “Art is only a means to life, to the life more abundant”
Whether one agrees, or not, this sums up all we hope to help achieve across all the arts at our disposal, food, wine, music, paintings, environment, beauty on the plate, reflection of nature, with the aid of conviviality, good company and conversation, pleasure for all the senses to enrich life.